Things I saw today (ok, technically yesterday, but it's still yesterday in EST) include:
- The world's longest suspension bridge (the Rio-Andirio), footed on gravel because the Gulf of Corinth is separating at 30 mm/year
- The possible burial location of Lord Byron's heart (at Messolonghi).
- A man stop traffic to buy two kilos of grapes from the back of a truck. The grape seller then returned to his lunch and beer at the nearby taverna.
- Macedonian tomb architecture, hundreds of kilometers from Macedon.
- Shipsheds!!!! (Like drydock for ancient ships.)